Responsible authority within the meaning of data protection laws, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to me in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by me.
- Request to restrict processing of your personal information by me.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or receive more information, please contact the Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) using the details provided below:
Telephone: 01743 350059
Postal Address: 19 Roberts Way, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY2 6FU
I will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable opportunity. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
I may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
Grounds for data collection
Processing of your personal information (i.e. any information which may potentially allow your identification through reasonable means; hereinafter "Personal Information") is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
What information do I collect?
I collect two types of data and information from Users.
The first type of information is unidentified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Site (“Non-personal Information”). I am not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site. I may also collect information on your activity on the Site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.).
The second type of information Personal Information, which is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual. Such information includes:
- Device Information: I collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID) and other information which relates to your activity through the Site.
- Registration information: When you register with the Site you will be asked to provide certain details such as: full name; email or physical address, and other information.
How do I receive information about you?
I receive your Personal Information from various sources:
- When you voluntarily provide your personal details in order to register on the Site;
- When you use or access the Site in connection with your use of my services;
- From third-party providers, services and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors).
How is the information used?
I may use the information for the following:
- Communicating with you – sending you notices regarding my services, providing you with technical information and responding to any customer service issue you may have;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed about my latest updates and services;
- To market my websites and products.
In addition to the different uses listed above, I may transfer or disclose Personal Information to subsidiaries, affiliated companies and subcontractors.
- Hosting and operating our Site.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help make sure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
a. 'session cookies' , which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
b. 'persistent cookies', which are read only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where I need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow me to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
c. 'third-party cookies' , which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third-party analytics companies who monitor and analyse our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that I store about you may be linked, by me, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of the Site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Use of script libraries (Google Web Fonts)
In order to present my contents correctly and make them graphically appealing across all browsers, I use script libraries and font libraries such as Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts) on this website. Google Web Fonts are transferred to your browser's cache to avoid multiple loading. If your browser does not support Google Web Fonts or does not allow access, content will be displayed in a default font.
- Calling script libraries or font libraries automatically triggers a connection to the library operator. In theory, it is possible - but currently also unclear whether and, if so, for what purposes - that operators of corresponding libraries collect data.
Third-party collection of information
How do I safeguard your information?
I take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Site and your information. I employ industry standard procedures and policies to ensure the safety of the information we collect and retain, and prevent unauthorised use of any such information. Although I take reasonable steps to safeguard information, I cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorised access or abuse our Site, and I make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that I will prevent such access.
I may use your Personal Information such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc., myself or by using third-party subcontractors, for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials concerning our services which I believe may interest you.
To respect your right to privacy, within such marketing materials I provide you with the means to opt out of receiving further marketing offers from me. If you unsubscribe, I will remove your email address or telephone number from my marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from me, I may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
How to contact me
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information I collect about you and how I use it, you can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Modified: 16/04/2020